Friday, May 15, 2015

3D Is it really necessary?

Many films that come out in cinema now generally come out both in 2D and in 3D. This is a concept that to me shows how media and technology has developed. I remember when I was younger and occasionally some movies came out that were 3D. I used to love going to watch a 3D movie and watching parts of the film come out at you from the screen with those funny glasses.
 

At that time 3D movies were special as there weren't as many around to watch since technology had not been as developed in order to create these movies. Also if a 3D movies was made you were not able to watch it without wearing these glasses. However over the years this has changed. 

Many films now a days allow for you to watch it in 2D and 3D, and the 3D experience is not the same anymore. 3D use to be exclusive to films but now you can have a choice. Recently I went to see the new Avengers movie. Which I thought was a really good sequel, if not better than the first movie. You learn more about some of the characters and I didn't know what was going to happen next. If you are into these sort of films I would recommend that you watch it! 

I watched this film not in 3D, as it is offered in both but now 3D seems to be such a headache these days. There was really no parts that I thought I needed to watch it in 3D to get a full experience. This is the part that I no longer like about have the option to pick how you should watch it, I know a lot of people don't like the 3D movies and so having an option is god. But I feel that if the film wasn't specifically made to be 3D there isn't any point showing it in 3D, it almost doesn't feel right. 

Don't get me wrong I understand having a choice and allowing people to decide what they want to see in 3D as I know some people like it. I mean Avengers could of been really good in 3D but I felt that it wasn't necessary, it wasn't made to be 3D so it shouldn't be shown in 3D. I just don't like the way a film can be both things, I feel like if a film is 2D then when it becomes 3D it almost seems fake. I know I have in the past seen a film in 2D and then seen the same film in 3D, while I was watching it in 3D I was waiting to see what would come out of the screen. Maybe I have just grown out of the stage of watching things in 3D and I don't get the same experience as I did when I was a kid. But I would love if films were made to be 3D and you could watch it in 2D if you wanted, not made in 2D and could be turned to 3D as I feel that doesn't work the same way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment