Friday, June 5, 2015

Everything comes to an end

Here is my final blog post.
my final friday at North Central College
and my last ever class will be 'Introduction to New Media'. It could be a lot worse.

Everything may come to an end, and like my time here at college so will eventually older forms of media. There is a debate about new media taking over and that things such as newspaper will die out. This isn't necessarily true. Society needs to find out the news or find out what else is happening, it is now and always be something that we rely on, the media.

I think old media won't die, it will just change and converge with newer forms of media to keep up to date with the consumers. It may even be the public who are the producers it seems to be heading in that direction. As long as their is a market and people are still making newspapers,TV etc then they will still exists.

I know that technology over here has helped me a lot but older media benefits me when I go home, things on the telly we get to watch that our american that we may not if we didn't have that form of media. However as things end they change as well and that is the process media is going through. Change can be good and everyone tends to move with the changing times.

In september my life changed when I came out to America and North Central, it may have been scary at times and I may have missed home. But there is so many opportunities and great friends I have made. The idea that media can change as well means that there is new technological developments and exciting information that we may of not before had things stayed the same.

So this is it. This is goodbye to you all in Introduction to New Media. Not goodbye to media, we will be changing that forever but bye to me. My journey here is indescribable, I can't explain it in words. Even if you don't know you have impacted it in some way just by being my fellow classmates so thank you.

2 comments:

  1. I really like your points regarding old and new media, as I am a firm believer that the old media will not die, just converge. I like to believe that the judgments criticizing our generation are inaccurate and irrational, and I truly hope we can prove these people wrong. I don't see any reason why we can't handle it, so I'm happy others agree. Good luck to you and your contribution to the media-there's bigger and better things out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so great! Got a bit teary-eyed at the end (perhaps just cause I'm graduating and leaving NCC too). This is an interesting take on media, and how it's almost as if we can take a part in making sure that the "older" media doesn't die out, just because newer media keeps coming in.

    I also love that you used the word "telly". One of my best friends is an exchange student who came here last year from England, and she said it all the time -- made me quite nostalgic :) Good luck in your future endeavors, and I'm so glad you've enjoyed your time in America! Now you're a Cardinal for life, just like all of us at NCC.

    ReplyDelete